The in-tank fuel filter
can be accessed by the following procedure; you'll need to access the fuel pump
assembly, as the in-tank fuel filter is attached to the bottom of the fuel pump
- Open hatch and remove carpet covering the hatch floor.
- Remove the rubber and felt sound deadener.
- You should see a metal plate with a wire snaking into it from the driver's
- Remove the fasteners from the plate with the wire in it and remove plate
- Under the plate, you should see the top of the fuel tank assembly.
- Carefully note the two rubber fuel hoses - label if necessary.
- Remove the two hoses from the fittings. The hoses will be on very
- Remove the number of Phillips head screws from the cover.
- After all the screws have been removed, carefully remove the cover.
- Be careful when removing the cover, as the fuel pump assembly and bracket
- Carefully lift the cover and assembly off of the gas tank.
- Cover the hole after you're removed assembly - the prevents anything from
falling in accidently.
- Fuel pump wires can be accessed and removed as necessary.
- Remove and replace in-tank fuel filter at the bottom of the fuel pump.
- Reverse procedure to reinstall.
Questions? Comments? Send mail to: